Friday 6 February 2009

"Why Did You Decide To Come Live in Portugal?"


Hello my curious readers, I am sure this is the first question that popped into your head after you read the title of my blog. It has been always been the very first question asked to me, both by family and friends, as well as every Portuguese person I've met in the past year that I have been living here. Why, why, why........so many people are perplexed as to why a young American woman chose to leave the comforts of the US and boldly go live in a country that (unfortunately) very few Americans know anything about. I will even admit myself that up until about 6 years ago, I didn't even know exactly where Portugal was located in Europe! Sad I know...... but I know many of you can say the same thing for yourselves. But anyways, my answer to the most frequently asked question is, when it all comes down to it............is because of my undying need to explore something different. Find out how I explain this next.

No comments:

Post a Comment